* Spanish is the official language in Panama
* In Panama, rice is served with nearly every meal
* With 5,637 kilometers of coastline and more than 1,518 islands, Panama
has more beaches than one can imagine.
* The country is the only place in the world, where you can see the sun rise
in the Pacific and set in the Atlantic.
* The Panama Canal Locks are drained every 7 years to clear debris.
Panamanians love this because many fish get trapped there and provide
food for the poor.
* Monkey meat bbq'ed on a stick is sold on street corners everywhere .
And it tastes great!
* Calling someone 'fat' is not the same insult as it woud in Europe . In fact,
'fat' people often call other fat and there's no problem at all .
* Scorpion bites are common in the jungle and don't cause the serious health
problems or death like most Americans think . I've been bitten many
times, and yes, it hurts, and there is swelling, but it goes away in a
day or two.
* Panama uses the US Dollar for bills but the coins are called Balboa.
Yet, the official national currency of Panama is the Balboa, which is
pegged to the US Dollar.